If you live in Colorado and want to keep a youthful appearance or to treat certain conditions, there are a few options for you. One of them is Botox. But there are correct and incorrect ways to handle the treatment.
Before you mark “Botox Greenwood Village, Colorado” on your calendar, you should know those things ahead of time. Read on to learn more.
Here’s What to Do
Let’s start off with the correct things to do. It makes things much easier.
- Make Sure to Go to a Place Licensed to Use it – You want to make sure that you are at a place where the people doing it are fully licensed and experienced.
- Tell The Person Administering it Your Full History – This is important, since if you withhold information, you run the risk of possibly having an allergic reaction.
- Get a Small Amount the First Time – It might turn out that Botox is not for you and if you get a small amount, it will not be a big deal. If you like what you see, you can get more the second time.
- Stay Still – While this may seem like common sense, some people do not like the discomfort. Just tell the person beforehand and they can make adjustments and prevent mistakes.
- Follow Directions – Once you have had the treatment, you will get instructions on what to do next. Do not ignore these – these have been proven over time.
Here’s What Not to Do
Botox is fairly popular and routine, but there are still things that can happen if you don’t go about it properly.
- Don’t Touch The Area – It’s important to let the injected area heal. So don’t rub it or massage it, since it can affect the healing process.
- Don’t Take Certain Medications – Avoid taking medications that are known to thin the blood, like aspirin, Omega 3, ibuprofen, and vitamin E. Ask the office what you can take beforehand.
- Don’t Get Botox if You Are Pregnant or Breastfeeding – This one is more of an “Err on the Side of Caution” thing, since there is nothing definitive either way.
- Don’t Lay On Your Face – This can disturb the healing process. Wait at least several hours before that.
- Don’t Drink Alcohol – Drinking alcohol can also thin the blood and cause bruising.
- Don’t Go Sunbathing – Your skin is going to be sensitive after the Botox injections. Avoid the sun for a while.
These are all easy things to do or not do when you get Botox. Just listen to what the person administering tells you and should be enjoying the results in no time.