You may not have toenail fungus prevention at the top of your list of priorities but you should. Nearly every element of our environment contains fungi, and they especially enjoy damp, warm, dark areas like the interior of your shoes. That makes finding a toenail fungal infection simple.
Most individuals enjoy nothing more than letting their toes hang in a chic flip-flop or walking wearing no shoes on the beach during the height of the sunny season. For those who have toenail fungus, however, it can be difficult to overcome the heat and allow their feet to breathe.
It can be uncomfortable and ugly to have toenail fungus, and it can be challenging to treat on your own. Nobody should have to feel uncomfortable or cover up his/her toes, especially during the heat. One of the most effective ways of getting rid of such fungus is toenail fungus laser treatment.
Laser treatment for toenail fungus is the method where the laser is pointed in a way that heat will pass through the toenail and reach the nail bed, which is home to the fungus. The heat generated by the laser at the infection stops the fungus’ growth and kills it. With laser therapy, the majority of patients see a measurable improvement, and the cure rate is very high.
If you are looking for a podiatry clinic in Irvine for laser toenail fungus removal then you must check out Dr. Sima Soltani’s Podiatric office. Dr. Sima Soltani is a podiatrist who specialised in operation-free therapies. She is a foot expert with more than 20 years of experience. She and her team aim at providing high-quality, reasonably priced podiatric care with excellence at each stage of their diagnosis and treatment.
How do Fungal Infections in the Toe Nails Occur?
- The dermatophytes are a class of tiny organisms that commonly cause toenail fungal infections. These creatures consume keratin, a protein found in hair and nails.
- You are more likely to get a toenail fungal infection if several things happen. The majority of people develop toenail fungus because of a fungal skin illness like an athlete’s foot that spreads to the nail.
- Your toes can suffer if you wear the wrong shoes. For example, toenails that have been damaged by pressure from poorly fitting shoes are weaker and more prone to fungus.
Tips to Prevent Toe Nail Fungus:
It might be challenging to eliminate a toenail fungus infection since it may not respond after months of treatment.
Therefore, prevention is crucial. Below are some of the points to consider for avoiding toenail fungus:
- Correctly trim your toenails. Use a properly cleaned clipper or nail scissor to trim your toenails, and ensure that you cut them across the middle.
- Always wash your feet. Even though it might seem obvious, it is crucial to clean your feet frequently if you want to stop the growth of the toe fungus. Wash your hands using soap and water and pay close attention to the regions in between your toes. After that, thoroughly dry your feet, being sure to wipe them in between your toes.
- Always select breathable shoes. Your feet will be drier and less prone to toenail infection if more air can circulate through them. The best options are shoes composed of leather or canvas, two breathable materials.
- Avoid wearing shoes made of synthetic materials like rubber or plastic, as they can trap moisture and encourage the spread of fungi. Wearing shower shoes will protect you from bacteria if you are bathing in public areas like locker rooms. Additionally, rotate your shoes frequently to allow them to fully dry out in between wearings.
- Do not use too much nail polish. Even while your toes might look wonderful with a brand-new coat of paint, it is essential to take breaks occasionally to give your nails a chance to breathe. Make sure to use a topcoat and base coat while painting your nails to shield them from the corrosive chemicals in the lacquer.
- Do not go bare feet in public. Showers, public pools, locker rooms, and similar places are full of fungus that are just ready to land on your toes. In a damp environment, always put on sandals, flip-flops, or shower shoes.
Though there is laser toenail fungus treatment for removing fungus, it is best to take the appropriate precautions and stay away from this fungus. With the instructions provided above, you may avoid toenail fungus and maintain the health of your feet.